Nov 16. 2014
- Qualitative data
- Figuring out content for app
- More post-its
General impression of restaurants in Monteverde zone: overpriced, food quality is average and not creative, good coffee everywhere, generally not green, “nice” environment is determining factor for recommendation (ex. the Treehouse because it is different).
I’m really glad I took qualitative data from the people I surveyed (i.e. tourists, locals and business owners). Aside from inquiring their general impression of Santa Elena, I also asked about their interest in greening the town and what they hope to know more about the wildlife native to the Monteverde zone. It helped me figure out what kind of content I needed for the plant and animal bios. Here are what the majority of the people I surveyed said:
- “how climate change affects habitat and survival”
- “human impact on their populations”
- “how to identify species”
- “what they eat”
- “ecological roles”
- “Migration patterns”
- “which are native species”
- “social tendencies”
- “where/how to find them”
- “concern for their endangerments; what they can do to help”
- “what climates they preferred”
- “possible if wildlife can coexist in an urban environment”
So back to the drawing board for me yesterday:
So I asked Choco cafe to make me two designs for the front page. Which one do you like?
- Get content!!!!
- Rate all restaurants
- Site analysis